Join the team!
Do you have the skills necessary to be on the Intentional Reach team?
Three things to keep in mind before you apply:
1. Since the turnaround time for most of our work is 48+ hours, it is much more important to have strong grammar, spelling, punctuation, proofreading, and Internet research skills than to type quickly. It's convenient for you if you're a fast typist, but the most important thing to me is that you can do this job accurately.
2. It is not necessary to be a Christian to work for Intentional Reach. I hope you're a Christian, but it isn't a job requirement. I'm not looking for fast-typing Christians; I'm looking for highly qualified transcriptionists and proofreaders. If you meet the minimum requirements below, feel free to fill out the application.
3. If you are applying to work as a proofreader, you must have relevant job experience following a specific style guide, such as The Chicago Manual of Style or the AP Stylebook.
- United States citizen (This is not negotiable!)
- Microsoft Office Word
- USB foot pedal
- High-speed Internet service
- Digital playback software such as Express Scribe or Bytescribe WavPlayer
- Excellent grammar, spelling, and punctuation skills (Hint: If you don't understand modifiers, dependent clauses, parenthetical elements, etc., you probably won't qualify for or enjoy this job.)
- Excellent proofreading/editing skills
- Excellent Internet research skills
- Ability to stay on a schedule
- Ability to take constructive criticism
- Biblical knowledge (see below)
Biblical knowledge doesn't mean you went to church as a child or even that you go to church now; it means you know the Bible well enough to recognize common mistakes. For instance, if a pastor says, "When Abraham broke the tablets with the Ten Commandments on them...," do you immediately know what is wrong with that sentence? If you don't, then you do not have enough biblical knowledge to work for Intentional Reach.
If you believe you meet the minimum requirements, please fill out the application below. If we aren't hiring, we will keep your information on file.
New to Transcription?
If you're not sure you have the skills to be a work-from-home transcriptionist, feel free to check out GT Boot Camp. It's a course Ginger created to help people get started in the transcription business.